Directions and Parking
Turners Falls is in Montague, MA
The race will be held at Unity Park, in Turners Falls, just across the bridge from Route 2, which also provides easy access from I-91.
Getting to the Race
- Those coming from I-91 will want to use Rt. 2 east, and then take the Gill Montague Bridge south into Turners Falls. If you are racing the check-in point is the second corner from end of the bridge, 2nd Street on your left, down two blocks till it's end. Spectators should find available street parking everywhere else.
- Those coming from the east will take Rt. 2 west and follow the directions above. Going home should take Millers Falls Road east to Montague City and grab Rt 2 from there.
- Those coming from Greenfield can take the canal bridge near Stop & Shop.
Parking for spectators
Spectators will be able to park on any side street that has valid parking. Please do not park in driveways or at fire hydrants. This is a neighborhood, just like yours. Be respectful.
After the Derby
There are numerous Restaurants and Bars in Montague. Here are some we recommend:
- The Rendezvous, right next door, at 78 3rd Street. Great food, full bar, ample seating.
- Riff's BBQ North, also on Avenue A
- Black Cow Burger, also on Avenue A
- The Millers Pub, on Bridge Street in Millers Falls, is a great local bar with excellent prices and a pool table. If you're heading out of town in an easterly direction, you can stop by here before you cross over to Rt 2.